Knekeya Anderson, Stylist/Partner
- - Knekeya is the C-Owner & Manager of La Pearl Beauty Emporium & has been working in the beauty industry for over 20 years. She has an enthused passion for hair and a talent for making every client look and feel their best! Knekeya is a graduate from Berean Institution, but her education has not ended there. She routinely attends classes and trade show events and is Certified in Andis Clipper Cutting Techniques - all in an effort to enhance her skills and stay updated on the latest styles and trends. Knekeya take pleasure in styling you fabulous with the latest in Product, Set, Weaves, Cuts & Color. Focusing on Maintaining your desired look with Cuts and Color & Weaves.
- - Knekeya's goal is to uphold excellent customer service and to ensure that your experience is amazing from the time you walk in until the time you leave the salon.Please do not hesitate to call and Knekeya will be happy to answer any and all of your questions and assist you in finding the best stylist for you!
Pearl Bailey-Anderson, Proprietor
Pearl Bailey-Anderson launched her career in 1979 offering her clients hair service in her home. She developed a loyal customer base and in 1984 she was encouraged by two very special practicing beauticians - her paternal and maternal grandmothers. Both her grandmothers were confident that she should consider cosmetology as a profession.
Pearl Bailey-Anderson is a true trailblazer in the hair industry. She is the owner/proprietor of La Pearl Beauty Emporium at 3857 Lancaster Avenue in Philadelphia; a full service hair care center that focuses on hair and scalp health. La Pearl Beauty Emporium gives individual, old-fashioned, high quality personal care.
In 1986 she graduated from Berean Institute with a diploma in cosmetology and in 1989 Pearl achieved her goal and opened La Pearl Beauty Emporium. It is important to note that she became a sole proprietor, not by high interest bearing bank loans, but from her supportive parents who believed in her ability and invested in her dream!
Pearl Bailey-Anderson, an entrepreneur who is passionate about learning and expanding her skill sets, earned her Barber certificate in 1988 from Tri-City. She also earned her teaching certificate from Berean Institute in 2001. Pearl has been instrumental in training and offering opportunities to cosmetologists and barbers in the Tri-state area teaching hair care, hair and scalp treatment, hair growing techniques and diagnosis of disorders that prevent hair growth. Currently she provides a healthy working and educational environment for several barbers and cosmetologists in her salon.
She earned her Bachelors of Science Degree in Trichology, while working full time. She completed her Instructor of Cosmetology Degree at Berean Institute. Presently, she is working on her Doctorate Degree. Pearl was invited to provide on-camera and behind-the-scenes assistance for a nationally recognized cosmetology training series. As a textbook consultant and a featured demonstrator in both book and video; Pearl's knowledge is included in the 2003 textbook, Milady Standard Comprehensive Training for Estheticians. Also she was asked to review and participate in a second book and video, 2004 Milady Standard Textbook of Cosmetology.
Her accomplishments remind her of her favorite Bible verses taken from Matthews 24 and 25. The chapters discuss the responsibility of using your talents and gifts rather than squandering them.
With over 30 years in the industry, Pearl Bailey-Anderson has a long resume of accomplishments and articles featuring her contributions to this field.
- Founder of Advanced Cosmetology Education Resource Center, a training center providing cosmetology students workshops and classes to gain proficiency in hair replacement (i.e. hair weaving), preparation for state examinations and improvement of hair management skills - hair cutting and coloring. The resource center invites industry vendors and product manufacturers, salon owners and licensed cosmetologists and barbers to hold classes at La Pearl. The center's mission is to encourage legislation that protects people in the field of hair care, aesthetics and manicuring.
- First place award in a hair-weaving contest sponsored by Hair Flair, a hair industry promotion organization.
- Nominated by her peers for Best Educator by Dave's Beauty Supply and Avlon Products in 1998.
- Featured as "Resident Weaver" on WHAT and WURD radio talk shows, both entitled "Beauty Talks."
- Featured in The Philadelphia Tribune and in Shop Talk Magazine.
- Former member of the Philadelphia Hair Masters Consortium.
- Member of National Weavers Association, National Hair Society and National Hair Journal.
- A volunteer for the American Cancer Society "Look Good Feel Better" program.
- An instructor for the National Instructors for New Concept Hair Goods.
And if all this was not enough, Pearl assisted in the development of a national test for braiding and weaving techniques in 2005 and 2007. The process involves developing a cut score (examination for the industry) for the National Interstate Council of the State Board of Cosmetology Inc. (The body that regulates safety precautions for the entire United States.)